The iPhone 8 new features
The iPhone 8 is part of the newest generation of the smaller iPhone models, with a host of upgrades since the iPhone 7, but a cutting down in storage choice.
The most obvious change is the look. It has a brand new, more durable glass design, front and back, which continues to provide the phone with water and dust resistance.
What’s probably more interesting is the introduction of wireless charging. As a result of this design, the phone can simply be placed on the AirPower mat without the need to plug in cables.
While our attention isn’t caught among the standard Retina HD display being used again, True Tone technology automatically adjusts the white balance to match surrounding light, improving viewing.
Taking into account that megapixels on their own mean very little, it’s nice to know that the iPhone 8 sensor is larger than before, allowing in more light to capture better shots. Optical image stabilisation and optical zoom will almost always beat digital versions of these features. The camera also offers 4K video recording (up to 60fps), slow motion recording and timelapse photography.
Finally, the A11 chip is, as expected, more efficient than the previous chip, allowing for a smoother experience overall.
The iPhone 8 specs, line by line
✔ 5.5-inch Retina HD multi-touch display with wide colour gamut
✔ Pixel density of 401ppi
✔ Dual-domain pixels for wider viewing angles
✔ 6.24 inches x 3.07 inches x 0.30 inches – the larger of the two models
✔ Weighing at 202 grams
✔ Splash, water and dust resistant
✔ 12-megapixel high resolution rear camera (with optical zoom)
✔ 4K video recording at up to 60 fps
✔ 7-megapixel front camera
✔ With 1080p HD video recording (front camera)
✔ Apple’s latest and fastest A11 chip with 64-bit architecture
✔ M11 Motion Coprocessor
✔ Fingerprint identity sensor built into Home button for added security
✔ Assisted GPS and GLONASS
✔ Barometer, Three-axis gyro, Accelerometer & Proximity Sensor
✔ 4G fast mobile data support for fast browsing, streaming and downloading
✔ 16 days stand-by time
✔ 21 hours talk time on 3G
✔ 14 hours video playback
✔ Supports Nano-SIM only
✔ Choose Storage Capacity Above For Today’s Best iPhone 7 Plus Deals
iPhone 8 vs iPhone X specs
✔ The iPhone X is bigger (5.8-inch vs 4.7-inch), has a higher resolution, and takes up a larger amount of the actual phone (83% screen to body ratio vs 66%).
✔ Both iPhones have glass backs, enable wireless charging, and are water and dust resistant.
✔ They also hold stereo speakers – 25% louder than previous Apple families.
✔ Both have the A11 chip, a six core CPU, M11 motion coprocessor.
✔ iPhone X has 3GB RAM, iPhone 8 has 2GB.
✔ The iPhone X removed its Touch ID, and replaced this with Face ID. The iPhone 8 doesn’t hold this.
✔ Back camera: the X has a 12-megapixel telephoto lens and 2x optical zoom.
✔ Front camera: they are the same, with a 7-megapixel lens and f/2.2 aperture.
iPhone 8 Vs. iPhone 7 specs
✔ The 8 has a more colourful screen with a new glass design
✔ The 7 does not have wireless charging
✔ The 8 has a more efficient internal chip (A11)
✔ The 8 has new camera features to play around with
What do the experts think?
They’re big fans of:
– Its brighter, colourful screen
– Optical zoom and a better aperture for low light shots
– Water and dust resistance
– Easy wireless charging
However, they don’t enjoy:
– Loss of storage choices compared to previous models
– The lack of 3.5mm headphone jack
– No chance to expand storage
Tips for finding the best iPhone 8 contract deals?
– People used to stick with their network for the sake of it, worried about the hassle of switching. However, if there are cheaper iPhone 8 deals through other networks, switching over is a lot easier than you think. Your new network will sort out the transfer for you in a matter of hours. Which is free. So, you keep your number but save money as a result.
– Storage sizes affect device cost significantly. Think whether you really need the higher storage options. Cloud services make it easy to upload and then delete off the device.
– Careful of those gimmick freebies chucked in with your new deal. How badly do you really need this? You’ll find the cheap iPhone 8 contract deals are no-frills deals with nothing on the side.
– Minutes and texts used to be important. Nowadays, it’s all about internet data. Try to go for a high GBs per month, as modern day apps eat through data at speed.
How Do we Actually Present The Best iPhone 8 Deals?
✔ We Collect All The Best iPhone 8 Contract Deals From UK Networks & Retailers
✔ Inc EE, O2, Vodafone, Virgin, Sainsbury’s, ASDA, Tesco Mobile, GiffGaff, iD Mobile, BT, FreedomPop, Plusnet & Three (3)
✔ Giving You The Chance To Compare The Full Range Of iPhone 8 Pay Monthly Deals
✔ Simply Select Your Minutes, Texts and Internet Data
✔ Easily Set A Minimum/Maximum Price
✔ Allow Us To Present Offers In An Unbiased Way
✔ The Top Of The Search Results Will Show The Cheapest iPhone 8 Contract Deals on Sale
✔ Further Down Will Show More Premium iPhone 8 Price Plans
✔ So Choose From The Best iPhone 8 Deals And Save £Hundreds Per Year