The iPhone XR’s new features: A summary
Hitting the smartphone market at the end of 2018, the iPhone XR falls in line with the companys dive into a new form factor and redesign, as seen with the iPhone X. It was released with the more premium sister models of the XS and XS Max, and is classed as the happy medium with the latest features at a significantly more affordable price.
With a 6.1-inch LCD display, the iPhone XR is the taller version of the XS, with a screen almost meeting the edge of the frame. It therefore sits in the middle in terms of overall size of the XS and XS Max models. It does mean that it doesn’t have the more desirable OLED display, but the difference is hard to see in reality. Another major change is a new range of colour options to pick from: black, white, red, yellow, coral and blue.
The glass back transitions into its aluminium frame that matches this back, meaning it sits comfortably in the hand in regards to grip. Here, Apple decided to squeeze in the most important parts of the XS and XS Max into a more affordable body, resulting in a more affordable model. So, its slightly thicker, taller and wider than the XS. All three models have stronger glass than previously, so this is a big plus if you’re prone to allowing your phone to meet the street.
While it has the same Bionic A12 chip as the XS and XS Max, it does have a smaller amount internal RAM: 3GB vs. 4GB of the other models. This means running multiple applications at once may result in slower performance, but this is heavily dependent on if you actually flicker between apps in general. The upside of this model is the better battery, meaning less time on charge and plugged into a wall.
The XR packs in a single-lens, 12-megapixel rear camera, with the flash now sitting below rather than beside. That’s half the camera of the XS technically (same megapixels but not the 2x telephoto lens). You’ll only notice this when zooming into photos. Its front facing camera has a 7-megapixel wide angle lens, twice as fast as before, and matching identically to the XS.
Finally, Its IP67 rated water resistance means it can withstand water up to 1 meter for 30 minutes. Not quite as resistant as its siblings, but strong nonetheless. A great phone that’s several £hundred cheaper than its sisters, but packing in the most important aspects.
The iPhone XR specs, line by line
✔ 6.1-inch liquid Retina HD display
✔ Pixel density of 326ppi
✔ True Tone wide colour display
✔ 5.94 inches x 2.98 inches x 0.33 inches
✔ Weighing at 194 grams
✔ 12-megapixel high resolution rear camera (with digital zoom)
✔ 4K video recording at up to 60 fps
✔ 7-megapixel front camera with Portrait mode
✔ With 1080p HD video recording (front camera)
✔ Apple’s latest A12 Bionic chip with next-gen Neural Engine
✔ Face ID facial recognition to unlock the iPhone
✔ Assisted GPS and GLONASS
✔ Barometer, Three-axis gyro, Accelerometer & Proximity Sensor
✔ 4G fast mobile data support for fast browsing, streaming and downloading
✔ 25 hours talk time on 3G
✔ 16 hours video playback
✔ Wireless charging
✔ Choose Storage Capacity Above For Today’s Best iPhone XR Deals
What do the experts think?
They’re big fans of:
– Its improved battery life
– The new range of colours
– Water resistance up to 1 meter
– Wireless charging
– The affordability relative to the XS and XS Max
However, they don’t enjoy:
– A lower resolution display
– Lack of a 3.5mm headphone socket (and no adapter included to rectify)
– Portrait camera mode deemed not that brill
Tips for finding the best iPhone XR contract deals?
– People used to stick with their network for the sake of it, worried about the hassle of switching. However, if there are cheaper iPhone XR deals through other networks, and you’ve finished your current contract period, then switching over is a lot easier than you think. Your new network will sort out the number transfer for you in a matter of hours. Which is free. So, you keep your number and keep back money as a result.
– Storage sizes affect device cost significantly. Think whether you really need the higher storage options. Cloud services make it easy to upload and then delete off the device.
– Careful of those gimmick freebies chucked in with your new deal. How badly do you really need this? You’ll find the cheap iPhone XR contract deals are no-frills deals with nothing on the side.
– Minutes and texts used to be important. Nowadays, it’s all about internet data. Try to go for a high GBs per month, as modern day apps eat through data at speed.
How Do we Actually Present The Best iPhone XR Deals?
✔ We Collect All The Best iPhone XR Contract Deals From UK Networks & Retailers
✔ Inc EE, O2, Vodafone, Virgin, Sainsbury’s, ASDA, Tesco Mobile, GiffGaff, iD Mobile, BT, FreedomPop, Plusnet & Three (3)
✔ Giving You The Chance To Compare The Full Range Of iPhone XR Pay Monthly Deals
✔ Simply Select Your Minutes, Texts and Internet Data
✔ Easily Set A Minimum/Maximum Price
✔ Allow Us To Present Offers In An Unbiased Way
✔ The Top Of The Search Results Will Show The Cheapest iPhone XR Contract Deals on Sale
✔ Further Down Will Show More Premium iPhone XR Price Plans
✔ So Choose From The Best iPhone XR Deals And Save £Hundreds Per Year